Two-day Capming Tour
Want to be able to brag to your friends that you slept on the Great Wall? Now you can with our two fun and exciting Great Wall campingroutes! Stay overnight on the Wall from April through October except for snowing days.
Route A will take you from Gubeikou to Jinshanling and on to Simatai. This camping trip combines the classic Jinshanling-Simatai tour with the underrated Gubeikou, which was originally built to defend the key northern gateway to Beijing, and includes many distinctive watchtowers. Now due to Simatai's renovation project, your trip will move from Jinshanling to Jiankou and end with Mutianyu.
Route B will take you from Huanghuacheng to Jiankou, ending at Mutianyu. This is an amateur photographer’s dream, as Huanghuacheng and Jiankou are full of sweeping panorama, dramatic peaks, and beautiful ruins. Mutianyu is a tastefully restored section that is increasing in popularity.
This Route is designed for those who love the outdoors and trying something new. The part of the wall we will trek is often empty, giving you the peace and serenity hard to find in Beijing. At night we will stay in a watchtower on the wall, or if the weather is too cold, we will room with a local family.
The 22km/13.5 miles will take us about 10-11 hours, and is not easy, as it includes climbing mountains, peaks, and Great Wall ruins. Please make sure your health condition is fit enough for this kind of hike.
If you are dreaming of enjoying a breathtaking sunrise and sunset on the top of the Great Wall, join us now!
- Route 2A: Gubeikou-Jinshanling-Simatai (Changed to 2AA)
- Route 2A Alternative (2AA): Gubeikou-Jinshanling-Jiankou-Mutianyu (sleep on the Wall)
- Route 2B: Huanghuacheng-Jiankou-Mutianyu (sleep on the Wall)
- Route 2C: Chengde-Panjiakou Reservoir-Xifengkou
- Route 2D: Panjiakou Reservoir-Xifengkou
- Route 2E: East Qing Tomb-Huangyaguan
- Route 2F: Laolongtou-Shanhaiguan-Sandaoguan-Jiaoshan-Dongjiakou
- Route 2G: Gubeikou-Jinshanling-Panlongshan